Click any job posting for more details.
Assist Digital and Editorial teams with various projects while gaining hands-on experience in the publishing industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an active member of the Digital and Editorial teams by supporting all efforts.
- Upon request, perform research tasks, utilizing local libraries and the internet.
- Upon request, compile book style sheets, photo wish lists, further reading lists, verify indexes, write back cover copy, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties, including photocopying.
- Edit ebook metadata and validate ebook files.
- Test standard and enhanced ebooks, audiobooks, and other digital products on a variety of devices to ensure top quality.
- Test online platforms and apps on a variety of devices to ensure top quality.
- Provide QA feedback in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in creation of ebooks, audiobooks, preview files, and other digital products as necessary.
- Assist with writing and/or editing marketing copy and project documentation.
- Perform special projects or other related business duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
- Strong writing and proof reading ability
- Proficiency with library and Internet research
- Strong interest in children’s writing and book publishing
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer experience including MS Word
- Familiarity with a variety of e-readers, especially iPad and Kindle
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or experience with ebook creation is a plus.
Education: Two years of undergraduate work or equivalent experience; major in English, Education, Computer Science, or related field.
We need Diverse Books (WNDB) offers grants for diverse candidates. For more information, please see their website at: https://diversebooks.org/our-programs/internship-grants/application-information/
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The duties and responsibilities for this position have been analyzed. On that basis, this position has been determined to be non-exempt.
It is the policy of Lerner Publishing Group to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, mental or physical disability, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance, or any other class protected under applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Lerner Publishing Group
Location: Minneapolis, MN